The Green Schools National Network (GSNN) advances the national green, healthy and sustainable schools movement by connecting like-minded and passionate education, non-profit, corporate and public sector individuals and organizations.
GSNN is nationally recognized as the premier partner in advancing collaboration to integrate a green and healthy culture in schools, to ensure that current and future generation of students are environmentally literate as well as practice and promote sustainability in their community.
AREAS OF FOCUS
- Education/Professional Development: GSNN supports local, regional and national professional development opportunities that enhance the quantity and quality of green and healthy schools across the nation. These opportunities include the annual Green Schools National Conference and audience-specific seminars in collaboration with other national partners
- Resources and Information: GSNN will develop and maintain a robust website and online newsletter for sharing information and resources about all aspects of green and healthy schools.
- Networking/Collaboration: GSNN supports opportunities for schools, non-profit organizations, corporations and the public sector to network and collaborate through local, regional and national meetings hosted by the GSNN and other national partners.
- Advocacy/Policy: GSNN works with other national partners to evaluate policy and advocacy efforts that support healthy, sustainable schools that advance student achievement for the 21st century .
- Research: GSNN works with other national partners and researchers to coordinate a rigorous research and evaluation agenda of green and healthy schools initiatives that can inform the development of best practices for healthy growth and development and academic achievement.