SUPPORT OUR MISSION AND OUR MESSAGE
We need your help to create Green Schools across the nation
The Green Schools National Network, a 501c3 non-profit organization founded in 2008, works with educators, government and non-governmental organizations and agencies, as well as private partners to create broad-based initiatives and successful strategies aimed at fostering healthy, sustainable K-12 schools across the United States.
WHO WE ARE
Founded by principals, superintendents, and teachers, GSNN is devoted to accelerating student achievement through the implementation of green, healthy and sustainable practices as outlined in our GreenPrint® for Green, Healthy, and Sustainable Schools.
WHAT WE DO
- We are advocates and change agents, working with schools to explore strategies and solutions to greening their operations and curriculum.
- Our board includes leaders of the green schools movement, and we help provide access to the resources and expertise needed to effect positive change.
- We maintain a comprehensive database of K-12 green schools, to facilitate networking and partnerships.
- We create and disseminate high quality materials as widely as possible and at no cost to states, districts, schools, and teachers. Our downloadable GreenPrint document provides a ‘road map’ for schools interested in adopting healthy, sustainable practices on a small or large scale.
- We also work with the private sector, with companies interested in the greening of schools that offer their expertise and services as well as financial support.
- We distribute a monthly e-newsletter to keep more than 8,000 green school advocates updated on recent activities, news of note, and other information critical to the green school movement.
- Each year, we present the Green Schools National Conference, an event that attracts participants from across the nation. Now in its fourth year, the conference provides an opportunity for teachers, administrators, and others to share best [practices, address current challenges, and network with like-minded supporters of green schools.
- The conference also includes a growing student presence via a Student Summit, since we recognize that students are the heart of the green schools movement.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
If you share our vision for the future, donate now and join our partners as we work for our children’s future and a healthier planet.
You can use the Donate/PayPal button below and have confidence that your transaction is secure and your privacy is protected.
PayPal also takes major credit cards.
Your Donation goes to the Green Schools National Network, a Wisconsin 501c3 non-profit organization founded in 2008.
You can also send a Donation to the Green Schools National Network
OUR MAILING ADDRESS:
The Green Schools National Network
c/o Jennifer Seydel, COO/CFO
109 Pine View Dr. Madison, WI 53704
PROVIDE DIRECT SUPPORT TO A GREEN STUDENT!
Consider sponsoring a K-12 student to attend the Student Summit at the 2014 Green Schools National Conference in Sacramento. Learn more