Operations Manager (remote)
About Green School National Network
The Green Schools National Network (GSNN) is a network of remarkable local education leaders across the U.S. who believe that sustainability is the driver of innovation and that education for sustainability is key to preparing students for an uncertain future. Our network schools share their stories and track data to help others understand how to transform their schools and districts. Because one out of six people goes to work, learn and play in a school every day, we believe that investing in equitable, healthy, and sustainable schools will breathe life back into communities torn by economic, social, and environmental inequities undermining our capacity to thrive. We envision schools where abundance and joy are central, leadership and power, are distributed, and the curriculum empowers marginalized students to make an impact in their communities. Our work enables collaboration, ideation, and adoption of educational beliefs and values that empower communities that have been the most marginalized. We are a five-person, fully remote organization (and growing). Our culture values equity, collaboration, intellectual curiosity, and experimentation.
The Operations Manager builds internal systems that support our vision, mission, and core beliefs to make GSNN’s work more transparent and efficient. For the ideal candidate, this position could include stewardship of GSNN’s financial well-being
The key accountabilities for this role are to:
- Coordinate business functions, including but not limited to:
- Insurance and benefits
- Vendors and vendor contracts
- Legal and compliance matters
- Manage day-to-day operations so the organization runs smoothly, including:
- Support smooth execution of GSNN’s partnership work
- Build and track systems to document outcomes, track expenditures, and maintain partnership agreements
- Maintain data and other records in support of organizational success
- Provide leadership in establishing and refining business operations
- For the ideal candidate, this position could include managing the financial aspects of the GSNN organization.
- 5+ years successful experience building systems for successful organizational outcomes
- Ability to build relationships across internal teams and to a lesser degree, external stakeholders
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability of work product
- Experience with bookkeeping and expense coding to support external bookkeeper
- Demonstrated project management, financial management, and budgeting skills; with experience in managing vendors and vendor contracts
- Exceptional strategic thinking skills, with a high level of intellectual curiosity
- Entrepreneurial spirit with enthusiasm for working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- A high level of self-awareness, cultural competence, and emotional intelligence
Preferred Qualifications and skills
- Experience planning an organization’s financial strategy, including reporting, budgeting, bookkeeping, and general financial management acumen
- Passion for representing GSNN’s commitment to addressing the link between equity and sustainability
- Knowledge of and experience with a database platform, preferably HubSpot
- Knowledge of the K12 education landscape
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt and remote position ideally based in Iowa, Wisconsin, North Carolina, Michigan, Tennessee, Idaho, or California.
Salary range is $80,000 – 100,000 with benefits. A candidate with both financial and operational expertise would be at the higher end of the pay scale.
Please apply at https://tinyurl.com/GSNNoperations. You will be asked to share a resume and cover letter. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We aim to have a candidate selected by the end of 2022.
Stay up to date with Green Schools National Network
Latest news, updates, and GreenNotes