Part-Time Executive Assistant (Remote)
The Green Schools National Network (GSNN) is a network of remarkable local education leaders across the U.S. who believe that sustainability is the driver of innovation and that education for sustainability is key to preparing students for an uncertain future. Our network schools share their stories and track data to help others understand how to transform their schools and districts. Because one out of six people goes to work, learn and play in a school every day, we believe that investing in equitable, healthy, and sustainable schools will breathe life back into communities torn by economic, social, and environmental inequities undermining our capacity to thrive. We envision schools where abundance and joy are central, leadership and power, are distributed, and the curriculum empowers marginalized students to make an impact in their communities. Our work enables collaboration, ideation, and adoption of educational beliefs and values that empower communities that have been the most marginalized. We are a five-person, fully remote organization (and growing). Our culture values equity, collaboration, intellectual curiosity, and experimentation.
GSNN seeks a qualified candidate who will be the essential support for our Executive Director by creating ease, expansion, and efficiency across processes including communication, calendar and mail management and travel planning. This position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. The Executive Assistant must move with a sense of urgency, work independently, demonstrate sound judgment, and exercise creative problem-solving skills.
- Maintain an accurate and detailed calendar for executive director to maximize time, manage incoming scheduling requests, re-schedule meetings upon request, proactively communicate changes, and anticipate and respond to scheduling conflicts (Familiarity with Calendly preferred)
- Manage the flow and handling of highly confidential, sensitive, and proprietary information
- Manage, organize, and forward snail mail and email correspondence from multiple email accounts
- Partner with other team members on internal event planning and logistics for small and larger events working with restaurants, meeting venues, hotels and transportation companies nationwide
- Track and reconcile monthly credit card statements and complete and submit expense reports in a timely manner (Familiarity with Expensify preferred)
- Provide sophisticated support for the Executive Director: Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Act as a liaison and provide support to the Board of Directors. Arrange and handle all logistics for Board meetings and events: schedule meetings; draft agendas; develop, compile, and distribute presentation materials; and record meeting minutes on behalf of the Board Secretary. Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding Board matters.
- Complete a wide variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the Executive Director’s ability to effectively lead the organization, including assisting with special projects; designing and producing complex documents, reports, and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists.
- Works closely with the Executive Director to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Anticipate ED’s needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc.
- Keeps a pulse on the organization and acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place and keeping the Executive Director updated.
- Documenting Executive Director’s business preferences
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in an Executive Assistant position
- Willingness to provide occasional on-site support in Iowa City
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit with enthusiasm for working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- A high level of self-awareness, cultural competence, and emotional intelligence
- High proficiency in Google Suite (especially Google Calendar, Slides, and Docs) as well as the ability to stay informed about new tools and technologies
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position ideally based in Iowa, Wisconsin, North Carolina, Michigan, Tennessee, Idaho, or California
The compensation package is commensurate with experience.
Stay up to date with Green Schools National Network
Latest news, updates, and GreenNotes