This blog post was originally posted on The Center for Green School’s blog on July 29, 2016. Click here to view the original post.
The Center for Green Schools wants to support your school district in successfully implementing whole-school sustainability, giving every student one more opportunity to succeed. The annual School District Scholarship provides support to a school district staff member who is currently undertaking sustainability work across the district’s schools. These staff receive targeted education and technical support from the Center and its partners for the entire school year, including
- Travel, lodging and attendance at the Green Schools Conference and the pre-conference summit for School Sustainability Leaders.
- Travel, lodging and attendance at the Greenbuild International Conference and Expo.
- $3,000 grant to assist in implementing a high-impact sustainability project.
- Ongoing training through personal and small group coaching.
- Limited complimentary year-long access to several school resources from USGBC, including Learning buy liquid ambien Lab, the Green Classroom Professional Certificate, and LEED Coach for school projects.
We know that many school districts are doing everything they can to provide their students with a quality education and a safe place to learn.
Each district that the Center works with, of every shape and size, is dedicated to positively influencing the health and performance of the thousands of students, teachers and staff that it serves and blazing the trail for other districts to follow.
Read more about two 2015/2016 scholarship recipients, Detroit Public Schools and Oakland Unified School District.
We hope your school district will apply for a School District Scholarship and join our efforts to provide all students with a school that sustains the Earth, supports health and well-being and prepares young people to create a strong and sustainable future.
Talk to your school district about the opportunity using this one-pager.