Just like that, the world of education has been turned on its head.
The COVID-19 pandemic has forced us to think outside the box to deliver the best education possible to our students. For many, the last few weeks have been spent navigating unchartered territory, whether its practicing “social distancing” or figuring out how to move your classroom to the computer.
At GSNN, we are taking several steps to support you in this uncertain time.
Our GSNN PD Collaborative Partners have assembled some excellent resources for teachers and students to facilitate virtual learning. Here’s just a few examples of what they have to offer:
- Community Works Institute: Teaching for Community, Without a Classroom – Virtual Conference (April 18 from 8:00am – 4:00pm PST)
- Strategic Energy Innovations: Distance Learning Resources (includes curriculum covering water conservation, transportation and climate change, and energy audits)
- Captain Planet Foundation: Resources for Learning from Home
- Biomimicry Institute: Youth Design Challenge (Proposals due by April 17)
- EcoRise: At Home Learning Resources
GSNN Curated Virtual Resources for You and Your Students
GSNN is also vetting and assembling a “best of the best” list of preK-12 curriculum and resources for educators to tap into. We will be holding a webinar on April 15 from 4-5pm ET to highlight these resources and answer your questions. Stay tuned – we’ll be sharing more resources over the next few months.