Work With Us
Green Schools Catalyst Quarterly Editor
The Editor of the Green Schools Catalyst Quarterly works closely with the Assistant Editor and Editorial Board to shape the journal’s direction and content. The time commitment is approximately 50-60 hours per quarter. This is a voluntary position.
- Chairs Green Schools Catalyst Quarterly Editorial Board. This includes:
- Helping the Assistant Editor plan meeting agendas and lead bi-monthly calls.
- Identifying and conducting outreach to new board members, as needed.
- Working with editorial board members to make changes to the journal’s scope/direction, as well as policies that govern the journal’s publication.
- Working with editorial board members to identify future issue topics, potential authors, and thought leaders to serve as guest editors/brainstorm partners.
- Holds weekly calls with the Assistant Editor to discuss issues encountered, publication updates, and concerns raised during the course of the writing and review process.
- Works with Assistant Editor to determine content line-up for each issue. This includes:
- Holding calls with thought leaders to identify authors and/or article topics.
- Conducting outreach to potential authors to gauge interest in writing for the journal.
- Identifying gaps in topics that need to be covered in each issue.
- Developing an editorial spreadsheet that identifies feature article/column/book review
topics and their corresponding authors/reviewers.
- Assists Assistant Editor in editing/reviewing content, as needed, and creating each issue’s From the Editor opening letter.