Green Schools National Network is hiring a part-time social media manager. This person will work with the Network’s Communication and Outreach team to manage and grow our social media presence and influence. If you are interested in this position, please send a resume and cover letter to Cyndy Merse at email@example.com. This is a remote position that can be performed from anywhere in the U.S.
- Develop, implement, and manage data-driven social media marketing strategies and plans that advance and are integrated with GSNN’s strategic goals; grow social media audiences for key demographics; and establish and grow social communities.
- Manage GSNN’s portfolio of social media properties (post, monitor, respond, and analyze).
- Respond in a timely manner to customer service issues, reviews, and questions on social media.
- Work with outreach and communication team leads to ensure all initiatives are being communicated effectively and efficiently.
- Work closely with outreach and communication team to create and implement a steady stream of innovative and compelling content.
- Research and curate content and images.
- Create and schedule social media posts.
- Create innovative, engaging, and compelling visual content, such as infographics, videos, etc.
- Create and manage a social media editorial calendar that highlights day-to-day social media activity, identifies content to post, and ensures GSNN maintains a robust schedule of social media activity 365 days a year.
- Identify audience needs and recommend new topics.
- On-going analysis and implementation of Social Media SEO tactics.
- Attend select GSNN events to manage social media campaigns on-site, engage with audiences, and recruit new advocates. Develop innovative ideas for building on-site engagement.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations for revisions to social media plans, content marketing, SEO, and social advertising campaigns.
- Provide leadership and direction in the development of social media platform design, messaging, and calls-to-action.
- Set, track, and report on meaningful metrics to evaluate success, set future plans, and refine strategy.
- Develop monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports that detail the growth of GSNN’s social media efforts.
- Participate in, and contribute to, various strategy and creative sessions.
- Communicate in a professional manner and become the social media subject matter expert for GSNN, directly aligning with GSNN’s brand voice and content platforms.
- Become the internal voice for social media ideas and strategies by keeping the outreach and communication team up-to-date on trends in social media, associated tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with current platforms and tools and desire to proactively seek out new and innovative technology, tools, etc.
- Google Analytics
- Google AdWords
- Demonstrated organizational, time management, and project management skills. Ability to successfully manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrates creativity, an elevated understanding, and documented immersion in social media.
- Proficiency in content marketing theory and application.
- Ability to comprehend market research and data analysis
- Self-starter, ability to work independently.
- Excellent oral, written communication, and presentation skills.
- Understanding of basic photo and video concepts.
- Ability to write clear copy and engaging social media posts.
- Ability to present new ideas, approaches, and information clearly and solicit buy-in.
- Attention to detail.
- Diligent, positive work ethic.
- Desire to learn and develop skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to collaborate and be a team player internally and with external partners.
- Commitment to professionalism and upholding GSNN’s values and vision.
- Must be able to travel up to our annual conference.
- BA/BS degree in social media, communications, marketing, journalism, or related discipline from an accredited university
- 2 – 3 years of experience in marketing and social media
- 2 – 3 years of experience in creating and implementing social media strategies and building social media communities
- 2 – 3 years of experience working with multiple social media platforms, analytical tools, and advertising strategies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
Experience developing social media campaigns in the nonprofit sector strongly preferred
Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
Familiarity with issues concerning sustainability and/or green schools.