Now’s your chance to play a role in bringing the Green Schools Catalyst Quarterly to life! We are seeking technical reviewers to join our editorial team and help us review and provide critical feedback on content submitted for publication in the Green Schools Catalyst Quarterly. The Green Schools Catalyst Quarterly is the only publication dedicated to the advancement of green, healthy, and sustainable K-12 schools. Each issue includes a mix of research-forward feature articles, case studies, columns, and book reviews.
This is strictly a volunteer position. Hours will vary, based on the number and type of content you are assigned to review for each issue.
Technical reviewers are expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Review documents to ensure they match each issue’s theme and adhere to outlines submitted by authors.
- Review documents for organization and coherence (e.g. is the article well-organized/thought out, is it easy to read, does it have the proper tone, does it logically flow from beginning to end).
- Review documents for spelling and grammar (e.g. punctuation, spelling, or typographical errors; proper sentence structure; appropriate and consistent word choice; redundancies).
- Provide critical feedback to help authors fully develop their ideas (e.g. where are there gaps, do ideas need further clarification or need to be expanded on, are critical details missing that support the arguments being made/story being told).
- Ensure documents follow the style laid out in the Green Schools Catalyst Quarterly’s author guidelines.
- Check for plagiarism.
- Ensure authors use appropriate citation style as outlined in the Green Schools Catalyst Quarterly’s author guidelines, and that citations and references are complete and placed in the appropriate locations.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and competencies:
- Individual should be well versed in using Microsoft Office tools, primarily Word and Excel.
- Individual should be familiar with the proper rules of formatting, grammar, spelling, punctuation, citations, etc. to make documents publishable.
- Familiarity with APA style is a plus.
- Individual must possess great attention to detail and provide critical and honest feedback.
- Individual must be self-motivated and able to work with little to no supervision.
- Individual must be able to function in a very dynamic and fluid work environment and be flexible enough to adjust their workload accordingly.
- Individual must have excellent communication skills, be able to take direction as a team member, and maintain a commitment to professionalism at all times.
Interested in learning more? Please send an email to Cyndy Merse at firstname.lastname@example.org.